Scope of Policy
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, Resume, or other details to help you with your experience.
These pieces of information are collected when fulfilling our activities, we may collect and hold the below types of information:
- Personal information includes, amongst other things, the name, address and other contact details, date of birth, financial information, etc.
- Sensitive personal information that includes, amongst other things, government identifiers (such as Emirates ID), nationality, health information, etc.
The collection of personal information is done directly from a concerned individual if it is reasonable and practical.
Continuing Education Center at Emirates College of Technology (CEC@ECT) standardizes the collection of personal information, where possible, by using specifically designed forms, such as Enrolment Form, Application Form, Contact Form.
However, personal information could be received through other methods such as email, letters, notes, via our website, over the telephone, in face-to-face meetings, through financial transactions.
Continuing Education Center at Emirates College of Technology (CEC@ECT) may also collect personal information from a third party if it is not reasonable and practical to collect personal information from an individual directly.
Continuing Education Center at Emirates College of Technology (CEC@ECT) may collect information based on how people use its website.
It uses ‘cookies’ and other data collection methods to collect information on website activity such as the number of visitors, the number of pages viewed, and the internet advertisements which bring visitors to our website This information is collected to analyze and improve our website, marketing campaigns and to record statistics on web traffic. However, Continuing Education Center at Emirates College of Technology does not use this information to personally identify individuals.
When do we collect data?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, fill out a form, Use Live Chat or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries)
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning to prevent malicious activity on our server.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled – however, it won’t affect the user’s experience & make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice.
This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Continuing Education Center at Emirates College of Technology may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Continuing Education Center at Emirates College of Technology.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service.
- Facebook Analytics: This is an analytics tool from Facebook to track the engagement of website from our social media channels
We have implemented the following:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add-on.
Our Services does not address anyone under the age of 18 (Children)
We do not knowingly collect personal identification information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from a child without verification of the parent’s consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our database and server.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
- Within 7 business days
We will also take appropriate and prompt action if a serious harmful data breach has occurred. This may involve the review of our internal security procedures, taking internal action, and/or any other steps as may be appropriate.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
According to UAE Internet Data Protection, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
- By logging in to their account
- By chatting with us or sending us a ticket
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email, and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Continuing Education Center at Emirates College of Technology
Millennium Tower, Sheikh Hamdan Street, Opp. Hamdan Center – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Last Edited on 2021-03-60